Ahead Of Advertising Week, xAd Makes The Case For Geo-Targeting
The location marketplace uses online video and Out-Of-Home to call out the ‘guesswork’ that still underpins most interactive ad placements.
For the first time, xAd is launching a branding campaign for itself, though the larger message is delivered in a humorous set of video ads that show how the typical ad targeting often misses audience targets wildly and widely.
Starting with a spot called “Stop the Guesswork,” the campaign mixes interactive ads with Out-Of-Home placements in the seven days leading up to Advertising Week in New York. (xAd is also a sponsor of Ad Week NY and is powering its mobile app.) The location marketplace’s media partners include OOH agencies Verifone and Titan 360, along with outdoor video ad network Captivate.
The media plan calls for:
• In-elevator and office lobby video screens at key media and creative ad agencies via Captivate, beginning Sept. 14th through Oct. 4 in NYC and Chicago
• In-taxi TV screens via Verifone, running every 20 minutes from Sept. 21st through 10/11/15 in NYC
• On Titan phone kiosks around Midtown Manhattan positioned around agencies and Ad Week venues
• On mobile devices with location-based advertising via the xAd platform, targeting people in and around 100+ agency office buildings in NYC and Chicago and Ad Week venues during the week of Sept. 28th.
• Online with rich media, social and video marketing will also begin Sept. 14th.