10 Things You Need To Know About Online-To-Offline Marketing This Week
All the location news from SxSW.
GeoMarketing’s Link Picks of the Week:
- How RetailMeNot and Hotel Tonight create massive user loyalty — Venture Beat
- Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement — David Cohen, Adweek, Social Times
- Waze now tells you when to leave, thanks to its new Planned Drives feature — Sarah Perez, Tech Crunch
- Snapchat might be the future social media game changer — Anne Lu, International Business Times
- Hands on with McDonald’s Happy Meal VR headset — and we’re lovin’ it
— Samantha Murphy Kelly, Mashable
Top Stories of the Week:
Major enterprises must ensure that their local locations are listed and mapped accurately — or lose out to smaller retailers in search results.
The sensor is not the solution, says Shelfbucks’ Erik McMillan, calling beacons ‘bullsh*t.’
The geo-location marketplace is maturing, says The LBMA, as beacons, NFC, GPS, and wi-fi are set to grow by double digits.
Heineken isn’t interested in being in the beacon business; it just wants to make that one-to-one connection to drive a purchase.
The shopper experience is not one of ‘digital’ or ‘physical.’ It’s inherently both. But figuring out the intersection is the challenge.