10 Things To Know About Online-To-Offline Marketing This Week
All the location news this week, from a geo-data mix up to how Campbell's is using Watson ads.
GeoMarketing’s Link Picks of the Week:
- These Mobile Innovators Are Shaping the Future of Advertising — Christopher Heine, Adweek
- Alibaba Extends Brick-and-Mortar Retail Push With Bailian Deal— Reuters
- The impact of voice-activated virtual assistants on retail — Kyle Fugere, Venture Beat
- Instagram’s carousel format can now include more posts, be used outside of ads — Tim Peterson, MarketingLand
- RCS, Google’s answer to iMessage, expands to 27 more carriers and OEMs— Ingrid Lunden, TechCrunch
Top Stories of the Week:
Location veteran Mandeep Mason will lead Factual in Europe, as CEO Gil Elbaz notes the growth plans go beyond ad tech.
The Michelin guide listed the wrong Le Bouche à Oreille on its map of starred restaurants. But this simple error contains an important lesson for marketers.
Here’s what brands aiming to reach connected listeners need to know.
App-based messaging triggered by location via PlaceIQ and Appboy contrbuted to a 146 percent revenue rise, says Urban Outfitters’ Andrew Rauch.
The IBM-Owned Weather Company’s voice-activated Watson Ads represents true ‘conversational marketing,’ says TWC’s Domenic Venuto.