GeoMarketing’s Link Picks of the Week:
- Reviews are the Most Prominent Local SEO Ranking Factor in 2017 — Matt Southern, Search Engine Journal
- GM and Cruise on track to field a self-driving ride hailing service by 2019— Darrell Etherington, TechCrunch
- Amazon will let Alexa developers use voice recognition to personalize apps — Nick Statt, The Verge
- What is blockchain and why is everyone so excited about it?— Acronym
- Here’s how people really feel about their digital assistants— Arte Merritt, VentureBeat
Top Stories of the Week:
The true impact of location data on cities and city planning is likely to be quieter than most people think, writes Unacast CRO Chris Cunningham.
The company is providing contextually relevant stickers based on image content — a move that says a lot about the future of image recognition and search.
Amid a massive global expansion to house startups, WeWork knows that events and community are are natural way to highlight its locations and build offline presence.
“We think every company will have their own knowledge graph, and whether it’s with Yext or another vendor, tools like Neptune will help power those graphs,” says Jon Kennell, Yext’s VP of Product.
1. What Do Brick-And-Mortar Stores Face From Digital’s Role In Black Friday And Cyber Monday Shopping?
The biggest shopping weekend of the year has passed and retailers’ omnichannel strategies will be put to the test this holiday season like never before, data from Shopify, Adobe, and others show.